The Ipswitch WS_FTP Server suite of secure file transfer solutions deliver the industry's highest security to help businesses protect the confidentiality and integrity of their data. The WS_FTP Server solutions give you powerful administrative control, event-driven automation, auditing and compliance logging, and browser-based file transfer capabilities - everything you need to manage your critical data and keep your business running smoothly.
WS_FTP Server solutions work seamlessly with the desktop file transfer client of your choice. However, when combined with Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional software, WS_FTP Server delivers optimised performance and security.
The premium edition of WS_FTP Server includes:
- Support for FTP, SFTP, FTP/S and HTTPS transfers.
- Support for SHA2 and SCP2.
- FIPS140-2 accredited cryptographic functions.
- Unlimited storage and user accounts.
- Customisable groups and permissions.
- File type and name mask filters.
- Audit logging.
- Integration with LDAP authentication servers.
- Unlimited Ad-Hoc user licenses.
- 5 x WS_FTP Pro (FTP/SFTP client) licenses.
If you would like to learn more about other editions of WS_FTP Server, please review our dedicated solution page.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard or Datacenter Edition) 64-bit.
- Windows Server 2016 (Standard or Datacenter Edition) 64-bit.
- Windows Server 2019 (Standard or Datacenter Edition) 64-bit.
- PostgreSQL - Packaged with WS_FTP Server installer.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (Standard or Enterprise Edition).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (Standard or Enterprise Edition).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (Standard or Enterprise Edition).
- Minimum: 1 GHz (x86 processor) or 1.4 GHz (x64 processor).
- Recommended: 2 GHz or faster.
- Minimum: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 2 GB RAM or greater
- Maximum (32-bit systems): 4 GB (Standard) or 64 GB (Enterprise and Datacenter)
- Maximum (64-bit systems): 32 GB (Standard) or 1 TB (Enterprise and Datacenter) or 2 TB (Itanium-Based Systems)
- Minimum: 10 GB
- Recommended: 40 GB or greater
Hard drive capacity depends on how much data you plan to store.
- VMware ESXi 4.0 (32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems), ESXi 5.0, ESXi 6.0
- Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0 on Windows 2012; Windows 2008 64-bit (32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems)